- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
In a large saucepan, bring everything but the almonds to a boil. Lower the heat, partially cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
Pour the cranberry mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill. Stir in the almonds just before serving.