- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 pound Italian sweet pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 can (28 oz.) plum tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans (14 to 15.5 oz. each) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chili powder; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sausage and cook, using a whisk to break up the meat, until browned, 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices, and the stock and beans; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over medium-low until the flavors meld, about 1 hour. Season.
Divide chili among bowls; top with the Parmesan and parsley.