- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 block (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Thai or regular basil
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts
In a bowl, whisk the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to make the dressing.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Brush the tofu with the oil; season with salt. Grill until grill-marked, about 2 minutes per side. Let cool, then slice each piece into 3 squares. Grill the onions, turning occasionally, until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
Toss the onion and herbs with half the dressing; divide among plates. Top with the tofu and more dressing; sprinkle with the peanuts.