- Prep Time
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO
- 4 6 ounces fillets tilapia
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
In a medium saucepan, bring the broth and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil. Stir in the rice and carrots, cover the pan and simmer for 12 minutes. Stir in the peas and scallions and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork. Stir in the parsley and dill.
While the rice cooks, in a large skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan. Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust lightly with flour. Add the fish to the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden and firm, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Squeeze the lemon over the cooked fish. Top with the nuts and serve with the veggie rice.