- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 1/4 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lime
- 1 ear of fresh corn, shucked and kernels scraped from cop, or 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup queso fresco (Mexican fresh cheese), crumbled
- 1 Hass avocadopeeled, pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise
Preheat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning, onion and lime peel and set aside. Spread the corn kernels in a single layer on the griddle and allow them to cook, undisturbed, until charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Meanwhile, reduce the heat under the griddle to medium. Form the meat mixture into 4 patties and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium.
During the last minute of cooking, toast the rolls, cut side down, on the grill.
Once the corn kernels have cooled, stir in the mayonnaise, cheese, lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning. Spread the corn-queso mayonnaise on the toasted side of each roll. Top each roll bottom with the avocado slices and a patty, then set the roll tops into place.