Recipe by Rachael Ray
16 slices meaty bacon (about 1 lb.)
1 cup crumbled smoked blue cheese (I like Oscar’s) or regular blue cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 clove garlic, grated
A few dashes of hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce
About 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper
2 heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes, thickly sliced
8 slices sourdough bread or rye bread
1 head Bibb lettuce or 2 small heads Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
4 thick slices of white or Vidalia onion (1/4 inch each)
HP Sauce, A.1. Bold & Spicy sauce, or Peter Luger Steak Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack inside. Arrange the bacon on the rack. Bake until very crisp, 16 to 18 minutes. Preheat the broiler.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the blue cheese, sour cream, garlic, hot sauce, and Worcestershire. Stir in the chives; season with salt and pepper.
4. Season the sliced tomatoes.
5. On a large baking sheet, arrange the bread. Broil until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
6. Build each sandwich with 1 piece of toast, the cheese sauce, 2 bacon slices, the lettuce, tomatoes, 2 more bacon slices, the onion, steak sauce, and another piece of toast. Cut the sandwiches from corner to corner.