Throw a tea party with thrills -- not frills -- in mind. Your gathering is fueled by bubbly tea-infused cocktails, tea-inspired appetizers and anything-but-ordinary iced tea.
tips + how-tos
how to brew iced tea
1. Place 12 tea bags or a tea filter containing 1/4 cup loose tea in a 2-quart pitcher.
2. Pour 3 cups just-boiling water over the tea and steep for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and top the brewed tea with fresh cold water to fill; serve over ice.
- Pour water over tea right as it comes to a boil; water that boils for too long can flatten the flavor.
- If you run out of loose-tea filters, use coffee filters instead -- just tie shut with kitchen string and brew.
- Serve iced tea with a small pitcher of simple syrup -- sugar dissolved in boiling water, then cooled -- so guests can sweeten to taste.