For this crêpe party, prepare all the food ahead of time and leave the fun part, the crêpe-making, for last. Let everyone take a turn at the stove, then pile on sweet and savory fillings. Total party bill for six: $59.71 -- less than $10 a head. At that price, you can splurge on a bottle of sparkling wine, stir up some fizzy cocktails and make a toast to budget-friendly entertaining!
tips + how-tos
how to flip + shape a crêpe
1. Make one crêpe as a throwaway: Like pancakes, the first one's always a dud.
2. As you pour in the batter, move the pan in a circular motion, tipping it to distribute the batter evenly.
3. When the crêpe is cooked through, shake the bottom of the pan to loosen it, then quickly push the pan away from yourself to flip the crêpe in the air. (The good old spatula method works well, too!)
1. Just roll it up. Jelly-roll style.
2. Fold it in half and then in half again to form a triangle.
3. Fold in the sides and roll it up like a burrito
HOW TO MAKE A $10 CENTERPIECE
1. Grab some extra citrus and a bouquet of flowers at the supermarket.
2. Fill a large bowl with grapefruit and lemons, trim the flowers to about 3 inches and tuck the flowers between the fruit.
3. Add water until the stems are partially submerged.