CHEF TORY MILLER
of L’Etoile and Graze, Madison, WI
Find out more about this James Beard award-winning chef at jamesbeard.org.
Tory Miller's Top 5 Favorite Burgers in the Midwest
1. GRAZE BURGER Graze, Madison, WI
Rich, winey caramelized onions and super-rich beef on a squishy bun.
2. BEET AND WALNUT BURGER Graze, Madison, WI
A veggie burger made of ground beets and walnuts topped with cucumbers, tomatoes and dill-flecked yogurt.
3. BRICK BURGER Village Bar, Madison, WI
Thick slices of brick cheese, a cheddar- like local specialty, seasoned salt and a juicy beef patty on a no-frills bun.
4. BOB’S BAD BREATH BURGER Weary Traveler Freehouse, Madison, WI
A garlicky organic burger piled with cream cheese, green goddess dressing and sweet Jamaican Pickapeppa sauce. Don’t forget your mints!
5. LAMBWICHHoneypie, Milwaukee, WI
Ground lamb, local Creama Kasa, a triple- cream-style cheese, and red pepper– oregano oil on a grilled focaccia bun.