CHEF MATT MOLINA
of Osteria Mozza, Los Angeles, CA
Find out more about this James Beard award-winning chef at jamesbeard.org.
Chef Matt Molina's Top 5 Favorite Burgers in the West
1. CHOPPED SIRLOIN Jar, Los Angeles, CA
Open-face, so it’s a definite knife-and-forker, with fried egg and green-pepper sauce.
2. THE PIKEY BURGER The Pikey, Los Angeles, CA
Chargrilled beef, aged cheddar, tomato and worcestershire aioli.
3. NUMBER ONE BURGER 25 Degrees at the Roosevelt Hotel, Los Angeles, CA
Buttery crescenza and gorgonzola cheeses on a bacon burger.
4. ULTIMELT BURGER Go Burger, Los Angeles, CA An upscale twist on the patty melt with bacon and a special sauce between two grilled cheese sandwiches.
5. THE PUG BURGER The Hungry Cat, Hollywood, CA
Organic Niman Ranch beef with house- smoked bacon, avocado and Danish blue cheese on a brioche bun.