The end of a night out doesn't mean the end of the party. Just move the action home, where everyone can kick off their shoes and relax.
In classic movies, friends always invited each other to "come up and have a nightcap" after a night on the town--we wanted in on that. So recently, we brought our friends back to our place for some diner-inspired snacks. (Not to worry, you probably have most of these ingredients in your fridge or pantry. Check our Every Day essentials list to see if you do.) Add some old-fashioned cocktails, sink into a comfy couch and you're set to party like it's 1959.
tips + how-tos
QUICK AFTER-HOURS TIPS
Things That Don't Count After Dark
- Eating seconds of anything covered in cheese
- Eating seconds of anything
- Not flossing before bed
- Leaving dirty dishes till morning
Don't Try This at Home
- No, you can't just "rest your eyes for a minute" while the oven preheats.
- Don't fry anything. (Trust us on that.)
- No matter what your cravings tell you, cheese-in-a-can is not an appetizer.