Break out your leg warmers and party like it's 1985.
If you're going to celebrate the '80s for a night, you can't be shy! A flashback party calls for outrageous getups, awesome music and tons of hair spray. So dig out your big belts and bangles, and whip up these updated roller-rink snacks -- corn dogs, BLTs, onion rings, nachos and spiked fruit cups. That and some vintage Madonna is all you need to get into the groove!
tips + how-tos
'80s PARTY QUICK TIPS
How to Make '80s Bangs
1. Clip a top layer of bangs inside a wide-barreled curling iron, pull the iron to the end of the hair and curl up and away from the face.
2. Clip the remaining bottom layer of bangs into the iron and curl the hair forward and under.
3. With a comb, tease both layers of bangs to create volume; spray liberally with hair spray until crunchy.
'80s Party Playlist
- Madonna - Borderline
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame
- Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
- Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
- Devo - Whip It
- Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Starship - Sara
- The Cars - Drive
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Go-Go's - We Got the Beat
- Toto - Rosanna
- The Bangles - Manic Monday
- Hall & Oates - Maneater
- Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Whispers - Rock Steady
- The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang