12 Days of Cookies Day 6: Sesame Crescents
We're halfway through our #RRCookieCountdown! You've probably had or seen crescent cookies before, but the addition of toasted sesame seeds adds the perfect nutty accent and crunch. You're guaranteed to win "Most Creative" at your holiday cookie swap!
2 sticks butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 cup toasted sesame seeds + more for rolling into dough
1. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium until pale and fluffy, 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl. Beat in the yolks and vanilla until just combined.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt, then combine with the butter mixture on low speed until just incorporated. Mix in sesame seeds on low.
3. Form the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
4. Form 1 tbsp. dough into a 2-inch crescent shape. Rolls in toasted sesame seeds and transfer to a cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Chill 15 minutes.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool cookies on racks.