18 Fresh Ideas
Grilled salads, watermelon rum punch, and plenty of fresh fruits and veggies make for good summer eatin'.
1. Grilled Escarole Salad with Black Pepper & Parmesan Dressing
Recipe: Try our Grilled Escarole Salad with Black Pepper & Parmesan Dressing
2. Pappardelle with 15-Minute Heirloom Tomato Sauce
Recipe: Try our Pappardelle with 15-Minute Heirloom Tomato Sauce
3. Grate Idea
To unleash the pure, concentrated flavor of tomatoes, grate them! Mix the tasty pulp with salt and EVOO for the fastest homemade pasta sauce ever; spoon it on toasts topped with ricotta; or whisk with EVOO and a splash of wine vinegar for a fresh salad dressing.
4. Watermelon Rum Punch
Recipe: Try our Watermelon Rum Punch
5. Baked Cod with Fennel & Lemon
Recipe: Try our Baked Cod with Fennel & Lemon
6. Open-Faced Soft Scrambled Egg Sandwiches with Salmon Roe
Recipe: Try our Open-Faced Soft Scrambled Egg Sandwiches with Salmon Roe
7. Orange Bell Pepper & Walnut Dip
Recipe: Try our Orange Bell Pepper & Walnut Dip
8. Pan-Roasted Carrots with Carrot-Top Gremolata
Recipe: Try our Pan-Roasted Carrots with Carrot-Top Gremolata
9. Use It Up
Don't throw away those carrot tops! Give the leaves a good rinse (they're sometimes a little sandy), then add them to salads, use them as a soup garnish, or use carrot tops for half the basil in your next pesto.
10. Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Berry Compote
Recipe: Try our Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Berry Compote
11. Grilled Scallions with Hard-Boiled Egg
Recipe: Try our Grilled Scallions with Hard-Boiled Egg
12. Just Peachy!
For a delicious breakfast, brush some peach halves with melted butter and place, cut-side down, on a hot grill pan or grill until the fruit softens slightly and grill marks form. Serve with yogurt and granola.
13. Tomato & Peach Salad
Recipe: Try our Tomato & Peach Salad
14. Lemongrass Chicken with Cilantro & Chiles
Recipe: Try our Lemongrass Chicken with Cilantro & Chiles
15. Lemongrass & Basil Soda
Recipe: Try our Lemongrass & Basil Soda
16. Cherry, Cherry!
Frozen cherries are available all year round and make a great substitute for fresh. Bonus: For a refreshing and healthy snack, eat them straight out of the freezer on a hot summer day.
17. Ice Cream Sundaes with Cherry Sauce & Pistachios
Recipe: Try our Ice Cream Sundaes with Cherry Sauce & Pistachios
18. Grilled Pork Tenderloin & Peaches
Recipe: Try our Grilled Pork Tenderloin & Peaches