3 Dinner Hacks to Try Tonight
1. Halve Tomatoes In Half The Time!
1. Place a plastic takeout lid, rim side up, on a work surface. Fill with cherry tomatoes and place another lid on top, rim side down.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut between the lids from one side through to the other, while pressing down gently with your free hand.
3. Remove the lid and—voilà!—you've cut your tomatoes and your prep time in half, and turned an annoying task into a fun challenge!
2. Make A-Peeling Ribbons
Trim both ends of a zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, peel from one end to the other, forming a long ribbon. Repeat, turning the squash as you go. Serve raw with vinaigrette, or cook in olive oil over high until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Be All About The Baste
1. To boost pan-fried steak, chicken, pork or fish, try a side-baste. When your meat is almost done, add butter, garlic and thyme sprigs to the pan.
2. Once the butter has melted, use a large spoon to baste the meat with the sauce for about a minute to infuse it with the flavored butter.