Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche, sour cream, or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole-berry or homemade cranberry sauce
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 1/2 tsp. (half a scant palmful) poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 6 deli slices cheddar
- 3 split brioche rolls or lightly toasted sandwich-size English muffins
- Sliced bread-and-butter pickles
- Leaf lettuce or Little Gem lettuce and thinly sliced red onion, for topping
1. In a medium bowl, mix the crème fraîche, cranberry sauce, and chives; season the cran sauce with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high.
3. In another medium bowl, season the turkey and mix in the Worcestershire and poultry seasoning. Form 3 large patties (thinner in the centers for even cooking). Add the oil, one turn of the pan, to the skillet and cook the patties, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with 2 slices of cheese. Tent the skillet loosely with foil to melt the cheese.
4. Build the burgers by layering the roll bottoms, pickles, lettuce, onion, cheeseburgers, cran sauce, and roll tops.