- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 4 5 ounce cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until theyve released and absorbed most of their juices, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the tuna and mayonnaise, breaking up the tuna. Stir in the onion mushroom mixture, then stir in two-thirds of the cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, flour and butter; stir into the tuna mixture. Transfer to a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan and bake until browned, about 35 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and broil until the cheese has melted.