Recipe by Jackie Newgent, RDN
- 2 cups chopped papaya
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups Tex-Mex Black Beans, thawed and reheated
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled
1. Make Big-Batch Tex-Mex Black Beans and portion out 3 cups for this recipe.
2. In a medium bowl, mix papaya, onion, cilantro and lime juice; season. In a small skillet over medium-high, toast tortillas until hot and browned in spots, about 1 minute per side. Fill with cabbage, Tex-Mex Black Beans, papaya mixture and cheese.