1. PURSE HOOK It's a two in one: The Fumi Purse Hook ($25, thefumi.com) clips to the table to hold up your bag, then clasps together to be worn as a gold bracelet.
2. BLISTER PREVENTION Band-Aid Friction Block Stick ($5, at drugstores) prevents blisters and hot spots, so I never have a bandage sticking out of my stiletto.
3. & 4. EXTRA JEWELS Carry a stash of inexpensive costume jewelry in case you need to dress up an outfit at the last minute. Some of my faves: Glisten Up and Petal to the Metal rings ($14 each, similar styles at meetmark.com) and Aqua Cluster Bead Earrings ($9, alltherageonline.com).
5. FLAVORED TOOTHPICKS When you can't carry a toothbrush, pack Preserve Flavored Toothpicks ($4.50 for two canisters, preserveproducts.com), which are infused with tea tree oil, a natural antiseptic, to keep gums healthy and breath fresh.
6. WINE WIPES Avoid a purple-stained mouth with Wine Wipes ($7 per pack, winewipes.com). Gently rub the moist pad over your teeth after a glass of red wine and the color will disappear. A plus: The wipes smell like orange blossoms, so they freshen breath, too.
7. MAKEUP REINFORCEMENTS When I'm running from one party to the next, I dab a little JK Jemma Kidd Cheek ID Colour Adapt Blush ($18, target.com) on the apples of my cheeks to perk up my complexion.
8. SOLID PERFUME Most fragrances only last about 2 to 3 hours on the skin, so I like to reapply at least once during the night. Solid balms, like this floral-scented L'Occitane Rose 4 Reines Solid Perfume ($9, usa.loccitane.com) won't spill and barely take up any room in a clutch.
FEEL GOOD IN A FLASH
After long hours in high heels, rub a moisturizing cream on feet and massage soles by rolling them over a tennis ball. Put on some cozy socks just before bed.
Carry an un-scented dryer sheet in your coat pocket to calm static in your hair or dress.
*Prices and other details were accurate when we published this article in November 2009.