Wrap this year's holiday cookies in one afternoon.
The last thing anyone needs this time of year is an all-day baking project. So invite your friends over for a super-easy holiday cookie-making party! You and your pals can bake -- and pack up -- dozens of these buttery no-bake bonbons, delicate cinnamon wafers and sweet peppermint kisses in one afternoon or evening.menu
PACK IT UP
No-Bake Mocha Bonbons
Fill a tumbler or clean jelly jar with bonbons. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and tie a ribbon around the top.
Cinnamon Cornmeal Wafers
Cut white parchment paper into 10-inch squares. Make stacks of eight cookies and roll each stack in a piece of paper. Tie the ends with ribbon.
Peppermint Meringue Kisses
Place the cookies in green pint containers (from cherry tomatoes or other produce) and tie a handle onto each basket with holiday ribbon.
Pick up some refrigerated sugar-cookie dough at your grocery store and you?re halfway done with these holiday treats.
PB Cookie Sandwiches
chocolate chipspeanut butter
1. Mix cooled melted chocolate chips into the dough (¼ cup chips per pound dough).
2. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
3 When cool, spread peanut butter between two cookies.
1. Mix grated lemon peel and lemon juice into the dough.
2. Press into an 8-inch square pan and bake at 350° until the edges are golden, 15 minutes.
3. When cool, spread with a thin layer of raspberry preserves.
Nutty Coconut Drops
white chocolate chips Assemble
1. Mix nuts, coconut and white chocolate chips into the dough.
2. Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake at 350° until firm, about 10 minutes.
brandy or rum (optional)
cream of tartar
red and white