Here's the setup: We're bringing the lounge life home for Rob Thomas (of Matchbox 20 fame) and Marisol. Rach is cooking up some super-sexy snacks for supper, and her hubby, John, is the mixologist at the bar. We're calling on Marisol to bake a sweet treat and Rob to deejay our music.
SET THE SCENE
A Touch of Glass
No need to buy votive candleholders: Just grab juice glasses instead. Arrange the tealights in a line along a mantel or down your table for instant mood lighting. Avoid scented candles--they'll compete with the delicious smell of your meal.
Dress up grocery-store flowers with leftover herbs; we used sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Cut the flower stems short--about the same length as the herbs--so your guests will be able to see each other over the centerpiece.
ROB AND MARISOL'S PARTY PLAYLIST
We start with upbeat tunes, then mid-tempo, and by night's end, we're chilling out with a relaxed, mellow vibe.
1. George Michael - Fastlove
2. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
3. Tiziano Ferro - Perdona
4. Davíd Garza - Slave
5. Everything But The Girl - Wrong
6. Beth Orton - Stolen Car
7. John Mayer - Back To You
8. Michelle Shocked - On The Greener Side
9. The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)
10. The Jayhawks - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
11. Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
12. Chris Rea - Josephine
13. Al Green - Let's Stay Together
14. Bob Dylan - Things Have Changed
15. David Gray - Babylon
16. Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
17. Billie Holiday - Them There Eyes
18. Charles Aznavour - Que C'est Triste Venise
19. Sade - No Ordinary Love
20. Bryan Ferry - Slave To Love