Homemade stock, which is a cinch to make,adds a rich flavor to your gravy that willknock your socks off.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Turkey neck, giblets (discard the liver) and wings
- 1 onion, quartered, with skin on
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Handful herb sprigs, such as parsley and thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns or cracked black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a 4-qt. saucepan. Pour in 2 1/2 qt. cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, lower the heat to low, partially cover and simmer gently for 2 1/2 hours. Strain out the solids before using.