Whether served inside or out, this seasonal dish will prove that it's easy being green.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 6 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the sweet potatoes until tender, 5 minutes. Add the corn and cook for 1 minute; drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, shallot, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the sweet potato, corn and basil; toss to coat.
- Beringer Knights Valley Alluvium Blanc 2006 (California), Snoqualmie Naked Riesling 2007 (Washington State)