For whole wheat dough, use 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
Makes: 1 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the lukewarm water, yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the flour and salt at low speed. Mix in the yeast mixture and olive oil until a shaggy dough forms. Change to the dough hook attachment and mix at medium speed until smooth, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a greased, large mixing bowl, turning to coat; cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Punch down the dough before using. NOTE: For whole wheat dough, use 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- Prepare Skillet Pizza Dough up to 1 day in advance. Refrigerate the covered bowl of dough and let rise overnight for up to 24 hours. When ready to use, punch down the dough and allow an extra 30 minutes to 1 hour for the second rise in the skillet.