Make a diner-inspired snack. (Not to worry, you probably have most of these ingredients in your fridge or pantry.)
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 1 hr 5 mins
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pounds baking potatoes (about 8), peeled and cut lengthwise into 6 wedges each
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees . In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Pour a little water into each pan and bake for 30 minutes. Toss and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees . Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain. Wipe the baking sheets dry, line with parchment paper and return the potatoes to the baking sheets in a single layer. Bake until golden-brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss with the parsley.