Fresh cilantro and basil, as well as a tart peanut-lime dressing, bring Thai flavor to this dish.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Juice of one lime (2 tablespoons)
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 3 ouncepackage ramen noodles (flavor packet saved for another use) broken into pieces
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a grill pan, sear the steak over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes per side for medium rare; transfer to a plate to rest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons water, the soy sauce, honey, peanut butter and lime juice. In a large bowl, combine the slaw mix, cilantro and basil with the peanut dressing and toss. Add the dry ramen noodles and toss again. Divide evenly among 4 shallow bowls.
- Cut the steak into thin slices and distribute among the salads.
- Cameron Hughes Lot 16 Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 (California)
- Replace the steak with sliced, sauteed portobello mushrooms.