Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 cup quick-cooking (fine) bulgur wheat
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 7 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8 ounces peeled watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 5 ounces english cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Place the bulgur in a medium bowl. Add enough very hot water to cover. Let soak, covered, for 30 minutes; drain. Repeat. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the EVOO. Toss the dressing with the bulgur. Add the parsley, watermelon, feta, cucumber, onion and dill; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.