Chef Zak Pelaccio makes his kimchi from scratch—and it takes almost six weeks to ferment and prepare! Here's our quick take on his original.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 small cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Japanese rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cups store-bought kimchi, squeezed dry and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolk and garlic until foamy. Slowly whisk in the oil until combined. Whisk in the vinegar, lime juice and salt. Stir in the kimchi.