Layer the ingredients on four individual plates for single-serving salads.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound green beans, cut crosswise into thirds
- 4 red potatoes (1 1/4 pounds), halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 6 ounce cans tuna
- In a medium saucepan, combine the eggs and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 12 minutes. Drain and let cool; peel and quarter lengthwise. Reserve the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In the reserved saucepan, combine the potatoes and enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes, green beans and tomatoes on a platter. Flake the tuna and mound over the vegetables. Top with the eggs. Drizzle the dressing on the salad.
- Chop the salad and stir in mayonnaise for a sandwich filling.