If youve never used quinoa, this is a great starterrecipe, as this bright salad could not be simpler to make. Welove how reader Ai Hiruma-Martinez packed flavor into theotherwise basic dish by adding lemon juice and fresh basil.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 20 ounce can kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (3/4 cup raw)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 bunches basil, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- In a large bowl, mix together the kidney beans, quinoa, onion and basil. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss to coat evenly.