Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 5 cucumbers (about 2 1/2 pounds)peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced on an angle 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss the cucumbers with 2 teaspoons salt. Let drain for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, apple cider vinegar, dill and sugar. Add the drained cucumbers and the onion and toss. Season with pepper.