Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into small cubes
- In a nonreactive bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar and cumin; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce with the dressing; top with the avocado pieces.
Tip Smart move
- Use nonreactive bowls when you're working with acidic ingredients such as tomatoes, citrus and chiles.