Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 crisp apples, such as Braeburn or Gala, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 small head green leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the celery and apples and toss. Add the lettuces and toss again. Top with the seeds.
Tip Smart move
- Add the lettuce at the last minute so it doesn't get soggy.