Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 rotisserie-style chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 4 crusty sandwich rolls, split
- 4 slices Swiss or monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and honey, then stir in the salsa and heat through. Mix in the creme fraiche. Stir in the chicken to coat.
- Pile the chicken mixture on the roll bottoms. Top with the cheese and broil to melt. Set the roll tops in place and serve with the chips.
Tip PAIR WITH:
- L'Etoile "Domaine de Montbourgeau" 2005 (France)