Makes: 4 servings
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound penne rigate pasta
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano or pecorino-romano cheese (a couple of generous handfuls)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts in water, or artichoke bottoms, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is working, using a food processor, puree the parsley, parmigiano-reggiano, vegetable stock, almonds, tarragon, mint and garlic; season with salt and pepper. With the machine on, drizzle in the EVOO.
- In a serving bowl, combine the artichoke hearts and pesto. Add the reserved pasta cooking water, then stir in the pasta and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, season the tomatoes with salt.
- Serve the pasta with the tomatoes and ricotta for mixing in.
Tip PAIR WITH:
- Mascarello "Santo Stefano di Perno" Dolcetto dAlba 2006 (Italy)