This Halloween-inspired bowl of stoup has chicken and spice and everything nice. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 black mission figs, chopped
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- In a deep, medium skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and cook until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken, figs and cinnamon and toss. Stir in half of the chicken broth, then the rice and warm through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in more broth, as needed, to make a slightly soupy mixture.