Serve with Peas Pullao or your favorite rice-and-vegetables dish.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix together half the scallions, the garlic, coriander, cumin, cayenne and turmeric. Add the shrimp and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly and seasoning with the salt, until nearly opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and continue frying until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute more. Top with the remaining scallions.