Store-bought cereals add heft to these easy-bake snacks.
Makes: 30 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2cups flour
- 2 cups coarsly shredded carrots
- 2 cups fruit-and-nut granola
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees . Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the eggs, vanilla and baking soda on medium speed until fluffy, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Mix in the flour on low speed. Stir in the carrots, granola and corn flakes.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with the granulated sugar and bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Spread peanut butter between two cookies.