Fill and grill flatbread sandwiches for a meaty, cheesy (and portable) mouthful.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 ear of corn, kernels scraped (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 6 ounce package portobello mushroom caps
- 1 pound sweet Italian-style turkey sausages
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on a large baking sheet. Place the 4 dough pieces on the baking sheet and press each out into a 4-by-8-inch rectangle. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, scallions and lemon juice.
- Pile the corn, jalapeno and cheddar in the center of each piece of dough and press the toppings in. Fold over the dough and press all over to seal, enclosing the filling. Let rest in a warm spot until slightly risen, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the mushrooms upside down and drizzle with olive oil. Place the mushrooms and the sausages on the grill; cover and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes for the mushrooms and 6 minutes for the sausages. Transfer to a board. Thickly slice the mushrooms and slice the sausage on an angle; keep warm.
- Press each flatbread again into an 4-by-8-inch rectangle. Grill, covered, until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Spread yogurt sauce on each flatbread and layer with the sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes. Fold the flatbreads over the filling and serve warm.
- Osborne Solaz Tempranillo-Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 (Spain), Vina Carmen Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 (Chile)