For no-bake granola bars, just mix, press and chill.
Makes: 18 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4cup honey
- 2 cups granola, such as Back to Nature brand
- 1 cup rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/2cup thin pretzel sticks
- 1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar with the honey and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the granola, rice cereal, raisins and pretzels to the saucepan and fold the ingredients to evenly coat with the sauce. Transfer the granola mixture to a 9-by-13-inch ungreased baking pan and press firmly to evenly fill. Gently press the chocolate chips onto the top of the granola. Let the granola mixture set in the refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes, then cut into 2 1/4-by 3-inch bars.
- If your hands get sticky, wet them with a little water.