Reinvent big Buffalo wing flavor by baking spicy chicken into tender, juicy strips.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 4 chicken tenders
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Coat a chicken piece with the breadcrumbs, dip in the eggs, then coat again with the breadcrumbs; place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add half of the chicken tenders and cook, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chicken. Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Microwave the butter at medium power until melted, 45 seconds. Stir in the hot sauce.
- Place the chicken tenders on a large platter, drizzle with the sauce and top with the blue cheese.
- Codorniu Brut Cava Raventos Reserva NV (Spain), Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs NV (California)