Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1 3/4 pound boneless sirloin steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard and vinegar, then whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the coleslaw mix, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the steak in a single layer and cook, turning once, until barely pink, about 2 minutes; transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and steak. Return the first batch to the skillet and stir in the barbecue sauce until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pile the meat onto the roll bottoms and mound some slaw on top. Set the roll tops in place.
- Tenuta Rapitala; Campo Reale Nero d'Avola 2006 (Italy)
- Freeze the steak for 15 minutes before slicing.