Load up on your fave toppings (like guac, cheddar and tortilla chips) with thisMexican-inspired tomato soup.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 4 pints grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ripe hass avocado
- 1/4 cup plain reduced-fat greek yogurt
- 4 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shredded (1 packed cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 cups lightly crushed baked tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Line a large baking sheet with parchment and place the tomatoes on top. Drizzle with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes until the skins begin to split and blister, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes and any juices to a food processor. Add 1 cup chicken broth and process until coarsely pureed, about 10 seconds. Force the mixture through a fine sieve set over a medium saucepan; discard the pulp. Add the honey and the remaining 1 cup chicken broth to the saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocado; stir in the yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Place the cheese in a medium bowl and sprinkle the chile powder on top. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the avocado cream, cheese and tortilla chips.