Its served warm, whichmeans no waiting for cooldownyou can enjoy it in an hourtotal, from start to finish!
Makes: 1 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 6 ounce containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease a 9-inch square metal baking pan and line the bottom with parchment; grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, espresso powder and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and egg whites at medium-high speed until pale in color, about 3 minutes; whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the zucchini. Stir in the flour mixture and 1 container yogurt alternately in 2 batches. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Bake until springy to the touch and a cake tester comes out with moist crumbs, about 35 minutes; let cool slightly. Serve warm with the remaining yogurt.
- A hit of espresso powder deepens the chocolaty taste without adding more calories.
- Heart-healthy extra-virgin olive oil maximizes moistness.
- A tangy yogurt topping makes the cake taste sweeter and replaces sugary frosting.