This recipe takes only five ingredients to make!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 1/4 cups salted water to a boil. Add the rice, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and cook until reduced by half, about 7 minutes. Toss together the chicken, five-spice powder and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Increase the heat to high and stir-fry the chicken until just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the coconut curry sauce. Serve over the rice.
- Beringer Knights Valley Alluvium Blanc 2006 (California), Snoqualmie Naked Riesling 2007 (Washington State)