When served by the mugful, this wintertime recipe warms both hands and soul.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 quart unpasteurized apple cider
- 4 ounces apple brandy, such as Lairds Applejack
- In a small bowl, mash the butter with the cinnamon and ginger.
- Heat the apple cider in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling, about 4 minutes. Pour the hot cider into 4 mugs. Add 1 ounce of apple brandy to each mug and top with a dollop of the spiced butter.