Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 4 pound chicken, quartered
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (3 ounces)
- 4 strips peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 10 ouncebox plain couscous
- 1 1/2pounds baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3cup heavy cream
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees . On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange the chicken pieces skin side up. Stuff 1 prosciutto slice under the skin of each chicken piece. Sprinkle the lemon juice on top. Quarter 1 tablespoon butter and place one quarter on each chicken piece; season with salt and pepper. Roast until the juices run clear when a thigh is pierced, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to package directions. In a large skillet, bring 1/2 inch water to a boil. Add half of the spinach and wilt over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the remaining spinach and wilt for 1 minute more. Drain and squeeze dry. Wipe out the skillet.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour and then the cream and bring to a boil. Stir in the lemon peel and spinach and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, discard the lemon peel.
- Fluff and mound the couscous onto plates. Top with the chicken and serve the spinach on the side.
- Brampton Viognier 2005 (South Africa)
- Add a pinch of nutmeg to the creamed spinach.