Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (about 8 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 13 3/4ouncecan artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped (about 2 ounces)
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven, place an inverted baking sheet on top and preheat to 500 degrees . In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Using oiled hands, stretch the pizza dough to fit a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Spread 3 tablespoons of the garlic mixture on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border, then sprinkle with the mozzarella and 2 tablespoons parmesan. Toss the artichokes, tomatoes and spinach with the remaining garlic mixture and arrange on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons parmesan on top. Place the baking sheet on the inverted baking sheet in the oven and bake until the crust is crisp and golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes if it springs back when youre stretching it to fit the baking sheet.
- Make a large batch of the garlic mixture and brush it on chicken, pork chops or meaty white fish. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper on top of the pizza before baking.