Our turkey version of meatballs is hearty but light, and tastier than your usual TV dinner fare.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 1/2cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the onion, egg, parsley, parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the turkey and mix until combined. Place the remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll the meat mixture into eighteen 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll in the bread crumb mixture to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low; add 1/2 cup chicken broth and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add the remaining chicken broth in 1/4-cup increments until the meatballs are cooked through and all the broth has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.