Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 12 ounce package fetuccine pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (about 8 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups white mushrooms (about 8 ounces), quartered
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain, return the pasta to the pot and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season the steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Add the steak and cook, turning once, until medium-rare, 7 to 9 minutes; transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup water, the soy sauce, garlic and ginger, scraping up any browned bits; season with salt and pepper. Toss with the noodles and top with the sliced steak and cilantro.
- Use the edge of a spoon to peel the ginger.
- Grill the steak, asparagus and mushrooms instead--just warm the liquid ingredients in a saucepan and toss with the cooked pasta.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper when cooking the vegetables in Step 3 for a spicy kick.